Saturday, July 19, 2014

New Thing Number Thirty-Nine

I turned my mommy's backyard into Neverland.

My birthday was coming up and I wanted to do something out-of-the-ordinary. So I spent the morning of my birthday at home working in the backyard, and the product was simply gorgeous. That is, until it rained that evening. (But I love rain, so I didn't mind too much.)

For the fairies, I put Christmas lights in a tree.

For the mermaids, I shredded blue fabric and hung it from a tree branch to be a waterfall.

For the lost boys, I made a hideout out of cheap fabric in the garden.

For the Indians, I used more cheap fabric to wrap the swing set into a teepee.

For the pirates, I turned the picnic table into a ship. I'm particularly proud of this one, so here's a picture. (You can see a bit of the unfinished waterfall on the right.)

 
Hooray for decorating on a budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment