Saturday, June 21, 2014

New Thing Number Thirty-Seven

I have begun to publicly admit my weaknesses.

After being so worried about what people think of me for most of my life, this would normally be a huge thing for me. But then I came down with depression. And for the past year and a half I have been talking with doctors, counselors, therapists, etc., and I have essentially set up a new lighting system in my heart so I don't have any deep, dark corners in there anymore. 

In a nutshell, I'm not worried anymore. Heck, I don't really care. People can think what they want about me. And if they judge me for how I look or for something equally ridiculous, they will be severely underestimating me. But that's okay--I like surprising people by doing things they don't expect.

I don't care if people know I'm horrible at sports. I don't care if people know my bedroom is a disaster right now. I will be the first to admit I made a mistake, regardless of how many people I say it to.

I have no problem laughing at myself.

In this case, I don't care how many people know I am probably the worst cake decorator ever. I will even accentuate it, because it makes me smile. This time, the cake is not a lie.

On the bright side, this was my first time baking a cake in a Bundt pan, and the cake turned out really well. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment